Qualifications and Experience:
Inspector / Environmental Tester Reveal Home Inspections P.O. Box 741, Shrub Oak, NY 10588-0741* Phone (845) 526-2499
Check your inspector’s credentials! Don’t hire a licensed part-time or inexperienced home inspector, of which there are many.
- New York State Licensed Home Inspector – License # 16000011601
- American Society of Home Inspectors (Secretary, Hudson Valley Chapter) – Member # 243967
- N.Y.S. Dept. of Health – Listed Certified Professional Radon Tester. Confirm your inspector’s credentials.
- New York State (Department of Environmental Conservation) Certified Termite Inspector – License # C3809889 – F.H.A., V.A., S.O.N.Y.M.A. approved.
- N.Y.S. Assoc. of Home Inspectors – Member
- Connecticut State Licensed Home Inspector – License # HOI.256
- Connecticut Association of Home Inspectors – Retired Member
- American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists – Certified Member
- National Environmental Health Association Certified Residential Measurement Service Provider – 525 East Fountain Boulevard, Suite 201, Colorado Springs, CO, 80903.
- Home Inspection Institute of America (H.I.I.A.) – Graduate, and Senior Certified inspector. One of only a few accredited schools, in the United States, for Home/Building Inspection Training. Accredited in the state of Connecticut. Main Street, Yalesville, CT, 06492.
- Society of Professional Real Estate Inspectors (SPREI) – Registered Senior Member – 993 Summer Street, Lynnfield, MA, 01940.
- Foundation of Real Estate Appraisers – Former Member – 4907 Morena Blvd., Suite 1415, San Diego, CA 92117
Town of Putnam Valley, Putnam County, NY – Contracted by the town to perform inspection of property considered for purchase by town.
- Massachusetts State Licensed (Former) Home Inspector – License # 360 – Serial # 326056
- National Radon Safety Board – Former Certified Radon Measurement Specialist – P.O.Box 741093, Aarvada, CO 80006
- Rutgers University Completed Radon Measurement Proficiency Training Classes and testing, as administered by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency – Listed (qualified) for Residential Radon Measurement.
N.Y.S. Dept. of Health – Listed Residential Radon Measurement technician. One of only approx. fifty in state. NYS Dept. of Health toll free number 1-800-458-1158 – call for information and to confirm your tester’s training and credentials.
- Westchester and Putnam Counties Licensed — building and home improvement contractor for many years. I now exclusively inspect homes and smaller commercial buildings.
- Ohio University – undergraduate degree, sciences.
- Teaches classes on Home Inspections and Real Estate Transactions at Westchester Community College and other venues.
In my thirty years of experience I (Nick Kuvach) have supervised the construction of, built, remodeled, added on to, dismantled and inspected more than ten thousand homes. I have lectured professionals and the lay public concerning home inspections and real estate transactions, construction issues, home energy conservation, and green building techniques. I am one of only approximately fifty U.S. Environmental Protection Agency listed (approved) – N.Y.S. Dept. of Health Listed – Residential Radon Measurement technicians in all of NY State.